Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Still here in Park of the Sierras

We are still here at the SKP park.  Wow, the heat here last weekend was over 100!  Hot, hot, hot!!  My Bakersfield friends suffered more though.  Jeff and I went to Huntington Lake on Saturday - it was a cool 84 deg. there.  I did take an interesting picture of this tree.  Jeff thought it looked like a butt - what do you think?

This morning when I took my walk with Starr, I saw four different families of quail.  The chicks have all gotten much bigger.  Too bad I didn't have my camera with me.  I did take some pictures of our walk yesterday though.  Got some jays, one woodpecker, and a rabbit.



The best picture though is the wild animal that Starr had a stare down with.  Can you guess what this is?
 
  It's just a feral cat.  It sure let Starr get close to it though.
 
Until next time...
 


1 comment:

  1. Yep, it looks like a butt, and had legs too. I'm so glad our heat is a bit cooler the last couple days.

    ReplyDelete